Frequently Asked Question
1. Tree adoption program is
The task of maintaining and caring for trees. Caregivers have the responsibility to maintain and protect the trees which are delegated to the local community by providing compensation to the people. The local people shall be the caretakers.
2. The location of the tree adoption program:
The tree adoption program is located in 7 (seven) areas, they are:
- Rantau Kermas customary forest with the total area is approximately 120 hectares, located in Jangkat Subdistrict, Merangin District, Jambi Province .
- Sungai Buluah village forest with the total area is approximately 1,336 hectares located in Padang Pariaman district, West Sumatera province.
- Simanau Tiga Lurah village forest with the total area is approximately 1,088 hectares located in Solok Distict, West Sumatera province.
- Sirukam village forest with the total area is approximately 3,398 hectares, Solok District, West Sumatera province.
- Simancuang Pauh Duo village forest with the total area is approximately 650 hectares in South Solok District, West Sumatera province.
- Sinar Wajo village forest area located in peat land area with the total area approximately 5,088 hectares, Tanjung Jabung Timur district, Jambi province.
- Kampong Laham village forest with the total area is approximately 1,933 hectares located Laham Subdistrict, Mahakam Ulu District, Kalimantan Timur./li>
3. Why is this program Important?
- One tree contributes to absorption and filtering out of carbon dioxide (CO2), which is the main contributing greenhouse gas to climate change. Thus, taking care of existing trees in the world will improve air quality.
- This program supports the diversity of life on earth, including animals, plants and habitat, and also natural processes essential for human life, especially the provision of food, medicine, clean air, clean water, etc.
- The involvement of various parties will provide a significant impact on conservation. The donors can meet the objectives of Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) in sustainable development, climate change mitigation, and biodiversity conservation.
- This program implements a participatory approach in the context of community engagement. It gives an opportunity to the public to conserve, protect, monitor, and enrich their forest.
4. Requirements of tree adoption:
- A tree of diameter at least 60 cm will be selected by the manager of the tree adoption program.
- The cost of the foster tree at least Rp. 200,000 or US$20/year.
5. The adoption fees will cover:
- Personnel for field workers and supervisors
- Community empowerment
- Education and development database
- Communications programs and campaigns
- Inclusion of caretaker’s name on the adoption site
- Progress reports on the care of trees
6. How to transfer funds for tree adoption?
- Bank transfer
BNI Cabang Jambi
a/n: POHON ASUH KKI WARSI
No Rekening: 474721885
- Pay Pal account/Credit Card:
7. How to contact us?
Send text or call to
Mrs. Emmy +62 811-7453-700